• Design Skills: Understanding and applying basic engineering design knowledge in schematics and diagrams, materials and surface treatment requirements, packaging and dimensional requirements and manufacturing process requirements;
• Mechanical Aptitude: Applying working knowledge of basic mechanical principles and 2D/3D spacial visualization to perform job successfully;
• Computer Skills: Using company proprietary applications and MS Excel, Word, and Outlook to retrieve, organize and convey information and communication necessary to complete the job;
• Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to engineering and quality standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on;
• Critical and Analytical Thinking: Using reasoning and mental agility to analyze information, recognize patterns/connections between data and information and draw logical conclusions to perform job successfully;
• Problem Solving: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems from root cause analysis to developing solutions and implementing permanent corrective actions;
• Very good knowledge of our standard product offering and how it is documented;
• Good knowledge in the production systems and processes, how we assemble the truck and the assembly sequence;
• Basic knowledge about the production logistics processes for standard offering product part procurement and CA-parts procurement;
• English Idiom fluent/ advanced.
• Plan and perform projects to develop and document customer adaptation solutions within area of assignment. Heavy emphasis is placed on quality/accuracy, accountability, and adherence to formal internal and external standards, procedures, and processes;
• Provide complete engineering documentation including bills of material, part drawings, part, CAD models, installation drawings, frame drillings, and torque specifications for customer adaptation solutions;
• May serve as a design and/or CAD resource in primary area of assignment or in support of a larger Project;
• Ensure that the area of design responsibility towards GTT is involved;
• Ensure that all CA-solutions are in line with Volvo Trucks core values, Quality, Safety and Environmental Care;
• Maintain, develop and design old and new CA-solutions based on customer requests.
• Secure Design for Assembly;
• Drive for the best practice in order to reach efficiency;
• Apply VPS principles as guidelines in the daily work;
• Contribute to the development of our products, standards and working methods.