• Be an Engineer with a BSc/MSc (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Computational or similar) with experience in embedded software development;
• Have experience in Matlab/Simulink and C programming languages;
• Have an advanced level of English and Portuguese;
• Has previous embedded software development in one of these areas: Combustion Control, On-Board Diagnostics or Engine aftertreatment control;
• Know additional programming languages (e.g. Matlab scripts, Python);
• Knows measurement/verification tools – ATI Vision (or similar), CANalyzer;
• Have experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, ISO-15031, ISO-14229).
• Develop software strategies and functions for internal combustion engines control systems, aiming to enhance the final product in features such as fuel consumption, drivability, diagnostics and compliance with emission legislations;
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including hardware engineers, system engineers, and calibration engineers to ensure seamless integration of software components into the overall system;
• Conduct thorough testing, verification, and validation of software modules to ensure functionality, reliability, and compliance with industry standards and regulations;
• Participate in code reviews and contribute to continuous improvement of software development processes;
• Participating in several phases of the product life cycle, from Advanced Engineering to Product Development and Product Maintenance.