• MSc in mechanical engineering or similar;
• Interested in automotive products;
• Enjoy CAD, Virtual reality and Augmented reality tools for big assemblies;
• Product development experience for trucks;
• Good truck product knowledge;
• Product Data management system experience;
• Volvo internal PDM “Kola” knowledge is a plus;
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• Deliver quality secured geometry to support digital twins;
• To solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This includes tolerances, weight, main dimensions and suitability for bodybuilder;
• Set up the cross functional packaging organization and Packaging Issue Log;
• Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging;
• Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts;
• Give input regarding geometrical matters to stakeholders (Manufacturing, Aftermarket and engineering areas as Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain), from a complete vehicle perspective;
• Build geometry verification plan (virtual builds, physical builds, Digital Mock-up structure);
• Identify Ainterface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to Ainterface process, in collaboration with the area leader.